Friday, July 10, 2009

Family, Friends, and Upcoming Trips.

I had surgery about a month ago. I had a hernia in my stomach and ulcers in my esophagus. Not fun and very painful. The good thing is, now I don't have heartburn! I have had almost constant heartburn for the last few years and since the surgery I have had NONE!! It was SO worth the few days of pain to get rid of the constant pain. I recovered well and now everything is great again.






We had our annual 4th of July party this last weekend. It went really well and I think we all had a good time. Almost all the Grandys came (we missed you Rachel, Talmage and babies) and we did a garden project but for the most part we played games, had tons of food and had a blast. Aunt Lois had the ice cream maker going almost non stop and it was so wonderful. Thanks for doing that for us! I think this was the last time we (the Wilkins) will see Jacob before he leaves for his mission and we are great full for the time we got with him. Jacob we are going to miss you, but we are also so proud of you and the choices you have made with your life. We love you!!!





My mom is off to Alaska next week. We will miss her but we are so glad she has the opportunity to go. She is going with her friend of many years, Jenny. They will be gone for 2 weeks. I am sure there will be more to post about her trip later.


(Family on my moms side this past Christmas)

Mom gets home on Wed the 29th and we leave for Colorado on the 31st. One day home. Crazy huh!! My parents and 2 other couples (the Flagstaff 6 my dad calls the group) are riding motorcycles up to my Grandma's house in Dillon and my sister and I will be in the van. I am really looking forward to seeing my Grandma again. I only get to see her 2 times a year and I don't know how much longer I will have the opportunity to see her. She is in wonderful shape and could run circles around me. I hope that continues for many years but you never know so I really have learned to cherish all the time I get with her as well as all my family. I really have the best family and friends anyone could ask for. I love you all!!

1 comment:

The Spencer's said...

I am so glad you are doing better! Looks like you guys have been busy :) One of these days I am goignt o go to flagstaff and I will let you know! I'm living back in new mexico now, many a story there! but I sure love you post!